SPECIAL COVID-19 Restrictions
We consistently monitor Government Advice regarding social distancing/maximum numbers, adjusting operations accordingly. We are a “Non Essential Retail Outlet” legally requiring entry for vaccinated or medically exempt only !
Please use entry QR code and show proof of vaccination when joining us.
Contact us if you require any more info.
You will be amazed the variety of Marine life! A mixture of fish from the tropics and sub-tropical varieties as well. At the Solitary Islands Marine Park the water is usually much cleaner and warmer because of the East Australian Current.
Half Day Dive Trips to the Solitary Islands are our speciality! Join Jetty Dive aboard their World Class Dive Charter Boats!
To see the best diving around the Solitary Islands Marine Park, you must venture offshore to the Solitary Islands themselves, located on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales.
The South Solitary Islands are 30 to 40 minutes travelling time on our fast boat, so comfort is important, and size counts! The North Solitary Islands are 60-80 minutes away from Coffs Harbour, so the speed we have available on our boats counts!
Never Dived before or do you want to Learn to Dive? Just click on this LEARN TO DIVE link!
Adventure Snorkel trips to the Solitary Islands depart on a daily basis with scuba divers or 8.30am if a snorkel only trip, returning 11:30-12:00pm. You will visit two exciting snorkelling sites during your morning adventure. All snorkelling equipment rental (mask, fins, snorkel and wetsuit) is included.
We can run Solitary Islands double dive trips (and snorkel trips!) daily, year-round. (weather permitting)
- Trips start at 7:30am, returning approx 1:00pm
- Travel to South Solitary takes 30-40 minutes (depending on conditions)
- 1 hour surface interval between dives
- During busy periods (generally December and January), we can run afternoon trips.
- Trips start at 7:00am, return approx 1:30pm
- Travel to North Solitary takes 60- 80 minutes (depending on conditions) Good weather is required for this extended trip. If not suitable the trip will divert to South Solitary Island.
- 1 hour surface interval between dives
- Between dives we provide some snacks. We have hot water for Cup-a-soup, tea, and coffee, and provide a small serve shapes/biscuits. We do have vegetarian soups available.
- We dive in small groups with a Dive Leader available. (Private Dive Leader subject to availability and at additional cost)
- Hire of your SECOND dive tank is provided free of charge.
- Rebreather Divers are welcome! However our schedule of two dives is not altered, you may choose to do 2 x 1 hour dives or arrange to complete 1 long dive. A guide will not be able to join you unless they are on a Rebreather on the day. Cost is the same as a Double Dive.
Half Day Double Dive Trips. Two dives on a single morning trip with approx 1 hour surface interval.
- South Solitary Island Double Dive Trip (includes Second tank ONLY) – $180
- Snorkel Trip to South Solitary Island (includes all equipment) – $160.
- North Solitary Island Double Dive Trip(sometimes doing 3 Dives on 2 tanks) – $ 225*
- Double Dive Trip to Pimpernal Rock – $255**
- Night Dive Trip (Single dive on a trip to Split Solitary Island) – $100 ***
Equipment Rental – Must be added on top of the dive price. You are required to dive with a computer and a SMB.
- Tank & Weight Hire – $20
- Full Gear Hire – $55
- Individual Hire Items – $10 per item
- Dive with Nitrox – $10 per day ****
*North Solitary Island Trips are 60 – 80 minutes each way and are dependent on good weather and diver numbers (minimum of 8 divers) and usually by arrangement only. Gear and tank hire is extra.
**Pimpernal Rock trips are by special arrangement and reliant on weather and currents. Minimum number of 10 divers. Gear and Tanks extra.
*** Night Dives are unfortunately few and far between, as we need perfect conditions and can often be a last-minute decision. Place your interest in Night Dives to us and we will add you to our list if we do plan one.
**** We must sight your Enriched Air Certification before allowing you to dive on Nitrox.
Weekend Dive Packages (2 Days)
- Includes 4 boat dives at the Solitary Islands and air fills.
- $350 per diver
- For tank and weight hire, add $40 per diver. For full gear hire, add $100 per diver.
Long Weekend Package (3 Days).
- Includes 6 dives at the Solitary Islands and air fills.
- $525 per Diver.
- For tank and weight hire, add $60 per diver, For full gear hire, add $150 per diver
- The Solitary Islands half day Dive Trips rely on minimum numbers, and have maximum limits too, so prior bookings are essential! Be early in busy times!
- A deposit is required to secure your booking. Deposits are fully refundable if 48 hours notice before the trip change of date or cancellation is given. (If we cancel trip due to weather we can also provide a full refund. Refer to part 29 of our terms and conditions for more details)
- Trips are weather dependent, and may be cancelled if unsuitable sea conditions prevail. This is a decision made by Jetty Dive Centre Staff, we will not go ahead if conditions are unsafe. Rain does not constitute for bad weather – it can often lead to better diving with more abundant fishlife!
- Plan for SeaSickness! Even if you do not usually experience sea-sickness, we recommend taking travel sickness medication as it is better to be safe than sorry. We do not recommend using ginger. We CANNOT provide any medications.
- You will need to fill out our Dive Indemity Form at least 24 hours prior to departure. Fill this out HERE. These forms last until the end of the calendar year.
The Solitary Islands Marine Park
The Solitary Islands Marine Park on NSW North Coast, boasts some of the best diving in the state. We have a unique blend of tropical and temperate fish life found only in this region. The sanctuary zones around the islands protect our corals and fish, for divers to experience the area in it’s natural state.
Read more about the Solitary Islands Marine Park.
Dive sites of the Solitary Islands
Want to see the sites you may visit when diving with us?
Read more about the Sites of the Solitary Islands
Fish ID of the Solitary Islands
Want to see the fish and other marine life you may see when diving with us?
Read more about the Fish ID Of the Solitary Islands
PROUDLY the only PADI 5 STAR DIVE CENTRE on New South Wales north coast since 1996!
In fact, The only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre on the Banana Coast at Coffs Harbour! From Foster to Byron Bay! Hey we’ve been here on the Coffs Coast, longer than that! (A PADI Centre for 25 years! And a Dive Shop for over 35 years!)
The Boats! Big Boat Comfort without the crowds!
“Mega Wild” is our 12.5m Custom Build Charter Boat!
- Built for speed and comfort! Jetty Dive is the home to the most spacious, comfortable Dive Charter boats in Coffs Harbour, and the only “Big” Dive Charter boat between Forster and Wooli.
- Shelter from the Sun, Rain and Rough seas. You do not get cold or wet and it’s not too bumpy! “Mega Wild” is of suitable size to provide the highest level of comfort and convenience.
- Features a toilet, limited hot showers, and easy access ladders – this makes a big difference to your comfort.
“2 Wild” a 10 metre Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat,
- Custom Built for speed and comfort!
Jetty Dive is the home to the most spacious, comfortable Dive Charter boats in Coffs Harbour. With economical but powerful engines, “2 Wild” can run extended trip with ease.
- Features a toilet and easy access ladders – this makes a big difference to your comfort. Shelter from the Sun, Rain and Rough seas. You do not get cold or wet and it’s not too bumpy!
PRIVATE Charter Trips
Depending on demand, we can offer private boats, or charters to suit your requirements – choose our ‘OWN BOAT’ option – Dive where you want, when you want.
Please contact us for further assistance.