The PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER Course.
Continue your ADVENTURES IN SCUBA DIVING with the PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER Course!
There is so much Advanced Diving at the Solitary Islands Marine Park, it is just a great place to experience the next Adventure!
The Solitary Islands Marine Park on New South Wales’ North Coast offers Fantastic Adventure Scuba Diving all year round!
How cool is it to do this?
“Deep Diving ‘Manta Arch’ at South Solitary Island, we passed six Grey Nurse Sharks on the way to 30 metres!” -25 Jan 2014 .
“Whilst Drift Diving along ‘Boulder Wall’, we saw two Huge Cuttlefish pulsating amazing Colours” -28th May 13.
“On our Navigation Dive at ‘South Solitary’, we saw three Turtles!” -1st August 15.
“During a Fish ID Dive at ‘Shark Gutters’ we counted six rare Black Cod” -4th March 14.
“My picture of a Nudibranch on ‘Buchanan’s Wall’ turned out great on our Advanced U/W Photography Dive” -20th Nov 13.
“There is so much more Adventure in Diving at the Solitary Islands, perfect for the PADI Advanced Course”.
Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver Course content.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course requires five dives (we give you a bonus one FREE), Important skills are learnt during this course to bring you a level to become a independent diver. This course is when you begin to THINK LIKE A DIVER. Dives which are a must in this course include:
- Advanced Deep Dive to a depth near 30m
- Advanced Navigation dive using a compass and the surroundings
Then YOU select from a wide range of Elective Adventure Dive choices for the remaining three dives – options include:
- Advanced Peak Performance Buoyancy (highly recommended as Dive 1 !).
- Advanced U/W Digital Imaging (includes U/W Photography and Videography).
- Advanced Drift Diving.
- Advanced Underwater Naturalist.
- Advanced Search and Recovery.
- Advanced Fish ID.
- Advanced Shark Awareness.
- Advanced Night Dive*.
- Advanced Wreck Dive*.
- Enriched Air Nitrox specialty dive**
- and many more. Your Sixth dive is a fun dive, This dive we usually let you lead and manage your dive, and “become a diver”.
- *these dives on special trips only. ** Enriched Air Nitrox can be combined in the Advanced Course as one of the dives.
Is there any classroom time in the PADI Advanced Open Water Course?
The theory component of the Padi Advanced Open Water course is all self study of the relevant chapter in the “Adventures in Diving” manual to the Advanced Adventure Dive you did! Real Easy! (the manual is either a book or PDF version). There is a Online “E-learning” version which a is more expensive option for the theory.
When can I Start?
Now! PADI Advanced Open Water Courses can start daily with every Charter Dive trip to the Solitary Islands Marine Park. Bookings are Essential tho!
The PADI Advanced Open Water course takes a total of 3 days to complete and can fit even the busiest of schedules: you could spread your course over a number of days or weekends, and can be combined with other charter trips.
A PADI Adventure Diver course includes 4 Advanced Dives for those who that only have 2 Days available.
A PADI Advanced Open Water Course with NITROX specialty is 6 dives including 1 dive using EAN32 Nitrox and specialty card.
Advanced Open Water Course Pricing
- PADI Adventure Dive Course -$495.00 (4 dives)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course – $595.00 (6 dives)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course with Enriched Air NITROX Specialty -$695
- PADI 5 Star Gold Advanced Diver Certification Card.
- All Equipment Hire
- Five Dives at South Solitary Island aboard one of our comfortable dive boats. PLUS a bonus SIXTH fun dive FREE.
- FREE Photos for your certification Card.
- PADI “Adventures in Diving” Text Book or PDF version is now included. (Textbook is not required if using E Learning Advanced course, but pay an additional $100 to do it via E learning)
- If you wish to study and can’t pick up a book, we can email the PDF version to you.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Prerequisites
- No Dive medical is required provided you are medically fit, proof of medical fitness is required.
- A minimum certification of PADI Open Water Diver or Equivalent is required to commence this course.
- Min. Age: 12.
- We’ll provide the ADVENTURE, you bring your swimmers, towel, sunscreen and a sense of humour!
View the PADI Advanced Open Water Course video on Youtube.