PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER Course
Continue your adventures in SCUBA diving with the PADI ADVANCED OPEN WATER Course!
The Solitary Islands Marine Park on New South Wales’ North Coast offers fantastic advanced diving all year round!
Why get your PADI Advnced Open Water Certification?
“Deep Diving ‘Manta Arch’ at South Solitary Island, we passed six Grey Nurse Sharks on the way to 30 metres!” -25 Jan 2014 .
“Whilst Drift Diving along ‘Boulder Wall’, we saw two Huge Cuttlefish pulsating amazing Colours” -28th May 13.
“On our Navigation Dive at ‘South Solitary’, we saw three Turtles!” -1st August 15.
“During a Fish ID Dive at ‘Shark Gutters’ we counted six rare Black Cod” -4th March 14.
“My picture of a Nudibranch on ‘Buchanan’s Wall’ turned out great on our Advanced U/W Photography Dive” -20th Nov 13.
“There is so much more Adventure in Diving at the Solitary Islands, perfect for the PADI Advanced Course”.
What’s involved in the course?
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course requires five dives (we give you a bonus one FREE) and teaches important skills to help you become a more independent diver. This course is when you begin to THINK LIKE A DIVER. Required dives:
- Deep Dive: to a depth near 30m
- Navigation Dive: learning to use a compass and the surroundings to get around
Then YOU select from a wide range of Elective Adventure Dive choices for the remaining three dives – options include:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy (highly recommended as Dive 1)
- Underwater Digital Imaging (includes U/W photography and videography)
- Drift Diving
- Underwater Naturalist
- Fish ID
- Shark Awareness
- Night Dive*
- Wreck Dive*
- Enriched Air Nitrox specialty dive**
- Search and Recovery (special arrangements needed)
Your sixth dive is a fun dive. For this dive we usually let you lead and manage your own dive.
*these dives on special trips only.
** Enriched Air Nitrox can be combined in the Advanced Course as one of the dives.
Is there any classroom time in the PADI Advanced Open Water Course?
The theory component of the Padi Advanced Open Water course is all self study of the relevant chapter in the “Adventures in Diving” manual to the Advanced Adventure Dive you did! Easy! (the manual is either a book or PDF version). There is an online “E-learning” version which is a more expensive option for the theory.
When can I Start?
Now! PADI Advanced Open Water Courses can start daily with every Charter Dive trip to the Solitary Islands Marine Park. Bookings are essential!
The PADI Advanced Open Water course takes a total of 3 days to complete and can fit even the busiest of schedules: you could spread your course over a number of days or weekends, and can be combined with other charter trips.
A PADI Adventure Diver course includes 4 Advanced Dives for those who that only have 2 Days available.
A PADI Advanced Open Water Course with NITROX specialty is 6 dives including 1 dive using EAN32 Nitrox and specialty card.
Advanced Open Water Course Pricing
- PADI Adventure Diver Course – $495.00 (4 dives)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course – $595.00 (6 dives)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course with Enriched Air NITROX Specialty -$735
- PADI 5 Star Gold Advanced Diver Certification card.
- All equipment hire
- Five dives at South Solitary Island aboard one of our comfortable dive boats. PLUS a bonus SIXTH fun dive FREE.
- PADI “Adventures in Diving” Text Book or PDF version is now included. (Textbook is not required if using E Learning Advanced course, but pay an additional $100 to do it via E-learning).
- If you wish to study and can’t pick up a book, we can email the PDF version to you.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Prerequisites
- Medical questionaire showing no major health concerns.
- A minimum certification of PADI Open Water Diver or Equivalent is required to commence this course.
- Min. Age: 12.
- We’ll provide the ADVENTURE, you bring your swimmers, towel, sunscreen and a sense of humour!