Whale Watching Coffs Harbour
The 2023 Whale Watching season is over! See you in June 2024 for our next season start!
Want to see more Whales?
Have the ability to see more whales, and get there quickly! Our purpose built fast boat has seating and a roof for comfort – plus panoramic views and plenty of room to move around. Idle silently and let the whales show off in serenity at sea.
TOP RATED IN COFFS HARBOUR!
We are seeing more Humpback Whales than ever before, the last two seasons have given us the best encounters we have seen. We also have WHALE SWIMS AT COFFS HARBOUR tour too!
WHALE WATCHING in COFFS HARBOUR, NSW, AUSTRAILA.
WHALE WATCHING season in COFFS HARBOUR is JUNE to OCTOBER
Family Friendly – All ages welcome! – Wheelchair Accessible!
Bookings are Essential!
With Jetty Dive, you’re guaranteed to see a whale! And if you don’t? Come on another trip for free!
Whale Watching Coffs Harbour Prices
- $85 per person
- Infants under 3 years old are free.
Group Booking Prices –
- Group of 3 – $240 (Equals out to $80 per person)
- Group of 4 – $295 (Equals out to $73.75 per person)
- Group of 5 – $350 (Equals out to $70 per person)
Group pricing is available online. Be sure you use the correct code with your group size.
Times & Location
We run trips 3 times a day from June to October! Trips are dependent on weather and reaching minimum numbers.
Our running times are:
9:00am, 11:00am, and 2:00pm.
Depending on demand, we usually start filling trips from morning through to afternoon times.
Our trips run for 1.5 hours – we allow 15 minutes each way for travel, so you’re spending an hour with the whales.
Meet us 15 minutes prior to departure at the Floating Wharf at Coffs Harbour International Marina.
- We take people of all ages, from babies (nursed in your lap) to people in their 90s!
- Children (under 18) must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Trips are not too long which usually avoids Sea Sickness! We still recommend sea sickness medication if you are vulnerable to any motion sickness (If you get sick in a car, you are likely to at sea too!)
Would you like to give a gift to someone? Buy a Whale Watching Gift Certificate
We have Whale Watching Gift Certificates available online to buy or call into our shop and purchase one for a Great Present!
Our Whale Watch trips at Coffs Harbour operate daily from June to October, in the beautiful waters of the Solitary Islands Marine Park. The Solitary Islands Marine Park is minutes away from Coffs Harbour, and located mid way between Sydney and Brisbane on the New South Wales Mid North Coast.
The Migrating Humpback Whales play in the shallow waters off the Coffs Harbour coastline on their travels north and again on their return trip south. Want to see Whales up close? Forget about watching from the headlands, this is as close as it gets!
The Jetty Dive Difference
The Fast ride makes OUR Whale Watching Coffs Harbour trips unique!
The FAST Boat Ride out means we usually see whales only minutes after leaving the harbour. If we see whales in the distance jumping, we can move from one group to another in a very short time, and not miss any action. The one and a half hour trip is mostly spent watching whales, not getting there. It is not just a Whale Watch trip, it is a fun adventure boat ride too!
Hang onto your hat too!
Mega Wild is our new custom built Whale Watching Boat! Designed for maximum views and comfort, Mega Wild is Fast and stable. We get to the Whales quickly… spending less time getting there means more time for that amazing close-up Whale Watch experience!
If we see some Whale jumping action elsewhere, we have the ability to be onto the action very quickly.
Be prepared for a fun finale in the harbour on the journey home too!
- “Mega Wild” has a fully covered cabin and an exceptionally dry smooth ride.
- Motors are super quiet when idling along with the Whales – not disrupting them or scaring them away!
Our Whale Watching Coffs Harbour trips are more fun getting to the whales and then home again…and fast too !
Click on this link if you want more info about the plight of the Humpback Whale. It has some interesting reading!
Latest Whale Watch Reports at Coffs Harbour
We have a page dedicated to our accessibility here.
Do you have an accessible shop?
Yes. There is accessible parking directly in front of the dive centre. The entry doors are spacious and the floors in the retail area are smooth and carpeted. There are small inconsistencies in the concrete in the section of the shop used for courses and learning, which we endeavor to repair soon. The bathroom ammenities are not wheelchair accessable.
Are your boats accessible?
Our larger boat, “Mega Wild” is a tour boat designed for whale watching and for scuba diving. It has a back entry gate with a small downward step from the floating wharf onto the boat. We estimate the distance of downward step would be 20-30cm depending on the tide. We can assist you in entering and exiting of the boat.
For our Whale Watching Trips or Eco Tours, we require all customers to remain seated whilst the boat is in movement. The boat has space for a stroller or pram to be stored, but due to our requirements whilst the boat is in movement the pram or stroller can not be in use on board.
There is adequate space for a wheelchair to be parked on our boat. This space is of course limited, so get in touch with your wheelchair dimensions and we’ll confirm space. We endeavour to make a video to show the space for the wheelchair, and dimensions to make this process easier, it will be updated here when available.
When boarding with a wheelchair we have an alternate arangement that allows for a wheelchair to directly wheel onto the boat. This must be arranged prior with staff. Get in touch – we’d love to have you join us!
Our boat “2 Wild” is a “rigid hull inflatable” this gives us quite the advantage for accessibility. The inflatable sides can be sat on, with one’s legs being swung to the inside of the boat to allow boarding. Our staff are more than happy to help out wherever required or desired to assist you. Our boats feature twin ladders for boarding. Our staff can help lift your gear up individually prior to helping you get up the ladders back into the boat if you wish, to save the strain of walking up the ladders with the gear on your back.
Is boarding your boats accessible?
We get you to meet us at Coffs Harbour International Marina for the Whale Watching Tours, which has ample parking (click here to check it out on google maps) and a ramp leading down the floating wharf to where you are to board the boat. We can assist you wherever required or desired.
- Advanced Eco Tourism certification 2022
- Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice Award 2020
- North Coast Tourism Silver Award 2018
- NSW finalist Tourism Award “Eco Tourism” 2018
- Trip Advisor Award of Excellence 2016
- Australian Underwater Products NSW Industry Excellence Award 2016
- Oceanic NSW Regional Dive Centre of the Year 2011
- Oceanic NSW Regional Dive Centre of the Year 2014
- On a regional level, we were finalists in the Tourism Operator of the Year and Winner of the Excellence in the Environment Award for 2006.
- Aqualung Outstanding Regional Dealer NSW 2008
- Project Aware Fund Raising Award 2007
- Coffs Coast Business Awards 2006 – “Excellence in the Environment Award”
- Oceanic Regional Dive Centre of the Year 2006
- Project Aware Fund Raising Award 2006
- PADI Outstanding Customer Service and Professionalism 2005
- Oceanic Regional Dive Centre of the Year 2005
- Oceanic Excellence Award 2004
- Oceanic Excellence Award 2003
- Oceanic Excellence Award 2001
- PADI Professionalism Excellence Award 1999
Jetty Dive are committed to doing everything we can to help protect the environment, especially the marine environment in the Solitary Island Marine Park that we operate within.
We follow the 10 Tips to Protect the Ocean Planet from Project Aware (which can be found here), including points such as:
- Take only photographs, leave only bubbles.
- Protect underwater life – Choose not to touch, feed, handle, chase, or ride anything underwater.
- Become a debris activist – removal of rubbish whenever found underwater or around the water.
In addition to the Project Aware tips, we:
- Certified in Advanced Ecotourism with Ecotourism Australia
- Educate our customers about the fragility reef ecosystems and the local environment.
- Follow all regulations and recommendations in regards to use of the Solitary Islands Marine Park
- Using moorings, not anchoring our boats.
- Take every possible effort to reduce wastage in the workplace through the use of reusing all paper use, reducing printing amounts, recycling all bottles, cans, and plastics, using re-usable coffee cups.
- Using environmentally friendly bathroom products such as air fresheners and hand soaps, along with environmentally friendly dishwashing liquids.
- Ordering from suppliers who provide more sustainable packaging.
- Reusing packaing wherever possible (padding for parcels, re-using plastics products are sent in)
- Maintaining servicing of all vessels and vehicles to ensure they are running efficiently.
- Continuing to implement measures to reduce wastage, electricity, and fuel.
- Are strong supporters of Project Aware (the environmental initiative of PADI) for many years, Jetty Dive has been recognized for its work leading projects such as “Splash for Trash” as part of International Clean up Day.
- We are also very proud to have achieved the status of a “Go Eco” operator rating, ranking Tourism Operators based on their interaction and impact on the environment.
- Recommend the use of “reef-friendly” sunscreens (such as Sun Bum!) to help prevent harmful chemicals entering the ecosystem.
- Check more of our conservation efforts here.
Climate Change is a major, worldwide concern and we are doing our best to reduce any impacts we have on the environment from our operation. Whilst climate change is a huge concern for a multitude of reasons, it’s effect on the environment and the marine world would directly effect how we run our business and how you get to enjoy the solitary islands. We would hate to see the effects of Climate Change reducing the amount of marine life at our beloved Solitary Islands Marine Park.
We recommend looking through EcoTourism Australia’s Green Travel Guide to find greener options for your travel, and always remember these tips:
– Turn off taps, lights, and electronics (especially at the powerpoint!) when not in use
– Walk, Bike, or catch public transport whenever possible!
– Reduce (bring reusable coffee cups and drink bottles, you can fill up your water from our kitchen), Reuse and Recycle (we have recycling bins for paper, soft plastics, and bottles and cans in our dive centre for your use)!
– When diving, ensure all of your equipment such as octopus regulators and gauges are secured to your BCD to avoid dragging on the ocean floor or damaging ocean life.
– Follow the AWARE 10 Tips to protect the Ocean Planet.
– Pick up any rubbish you find wherever you are in the water, whether it’s scuba diving or walking the beach.
– Turn off all of your electronics at the power point before you go travelling.
-Avoid polluting the oceans. Apply a natural sunscreen 1/2 an hour before swimming to prevent it from harming marine ecosystems.
Want to do more?
– Calculate your footprint here with EcoTourism Australia’s handy tools
– Offset your carbon from flights with Qantas
– Contribute to Carbon Offsetting with websites such as https://carbonneutral.com.au/ (Recommended by EcoTourism Australia)
Send us your feedback here!
Where to find us.
Jetty Dive Centre Dive Shop is at 398 Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour, NSW 2450. This is where you begin your experiences with us! All Scuba Dives and Snorkelling must check-in before moving to departure point.
BOATS DEPARTURE POINT
All our boats leave from the Public floating pontoon wharf opposite the “Attitude Burgers “ building.