PADI Open Water Diver course
Learn to Dive in our genuine PADI Open Water Diver course!
Wow! Scuba Diving… imagine.. Underwater… Breathing… Another World is waiting for you right here in New South Wales! The PADI Open Water Diver course is your ticket to the underwater world, and no better place in NSW to learn than at Jetty Dive. Get your PADI here!
What will our PADI Open Water Diver course let you do?
The PADI OPEN WATER DIVER course will give you the ticket to SCUBA Dive anywhere in the world.
- After you are certified you will have the skills to scuba dive without supervision! You won’t need an instructor to lead you.
- Our training involves equipment that is used in cooler water, learning scuba skills with our high level of training will make tropical diving so easy as well!
- Learn to dive with tropical and temperate fishlife! Northern New South Wales has warm water like the Southern Great Barrier Reef, but still has some influence of the cooler waters. The Solitary Islands are loaded with fish from both worlds.
- Our award winning PADI Instructors pride themselves with high quality training. We are a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and teach only the Genuine PADI Open Water Diver course
- Book your OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE Online Here
PADI E-learning needs to complete before Day 1 of your course. The theory is comprehensive so you will need to allocate adequate time to complete it (approx 6 hours).
Once your PADI E-Learning or theory is complete:
- Day 1 Start your SCUBA Diving! The fun begins in the Pool with all your SCUBA skills and orientation of Scuba Diving. We also show you the gear, what to choose or not choose, and what is right for you. You start at 8.00am at the shop.
- Day 2 It’s in the water for Open Water Dive 1 and 2 at the Soliatry Islands. You will do some skills assessments on each dive. The Solitary Islands has some great fishlife and perfect depth for these two dives.
- Day 3 It’s in the water again for Open Water Dive 3 and 4 at the Soliatry Islands. You will do some skills assessments, but most of the dives you will be looking at the amazing fishlife of the New South Wales north coast.
When can I start my PADI Open Water Diver course?
START TODAY! It takes 3 days plus online at home study (to be completed before arriving for day 1). Contact us for your PADI E-learning code and log-in to START TODAY!
Contact the dive shop on 02 66 511611 or book your OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE Online Here
How much is the PADI Open Water Diver course?
PADI Open Water Diver course $695.00 per person.
SPECIAL SEASONAL DEAL Book Now and PAY ONLY $595
4 BOAT Dives at the Solitary Islands (this is our feature!), PADI E-learning, SCUBA equipment, and fun are included!
When you’re ready to get started book through us with a $200 deposit to get your E-Learning sent out. This is more affordable than booking it through the PADI website on your own.
Book your OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE Online Here The booking start date is your pool skills training day.
- The ability to swim 200 metres or snorkel 300 metres (with mask, snorkel and fins).
- stay afloat for 10 minutes.
- You need to be healthy and medically fit to scuba dive.
Medical Considerations Prior to starting a PADI Open Water Diver course you are required to complete a Divers Medical questionaire. If you have any medical conditions that are listed in the Medical Statement you will be required to obtain medical clearance from a doctor.
(IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED “YES” TO ANY QUESTIONS IN THE MEDICAL STATEMENT THEN YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A DIVE MEDICAL FROM A DOCTOR USING FORM AS 4005.1).
Booking Conditions… the fine print!
- Bookings require a $200.00 deposit per student. Online bookings are paid in full. Book your OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE Online Here.
- When using PADI E-Learning, it is recommended that a Medical Statement is done before you start as the Padi E-Learning component is not refundable if you fail the medical requirements.
- No refunds will be given if the customer cancels within 48 hours of the course start date.
- If the student fails to attend part of the course without sufficient prior arrangement, the cost of providing that part of the course is required to be paid as an extra cost by the student. (refer to part 29 of our Terms and Conditions for more details).
- Course dives are weather dependent, and may be cancelled if unsuitable sea conditions prevail. This is a decision made by Jetty Dive Centre Staff, we will not go ahead if conditions are unsafe. If you are coming to Coffs Harbour to do our course, be prepared to stay some extra days if there’s bad weather and we reschedule the dive days.
- Plan for Sea-Sickness on the dives! Even if you do not usually experience sea-sickness, we recommend taking travel sickness medication as it is better to be safe than sorry. We do not recommend using ginger. We CANNOT provide any medications, sorry!
Why learn to dive at Coffs Harbour?
- The Solitary Islands Marine Park is where the Tropical Fish from the Great Barrier Reef meet the huge schools of fish from temperate waters. You can see Nemo and Dory along with the friendly Grey Nurse sharks, rare Black Cod and Turtles. There is so much to see!
- The Solitary Islands dive sites are offshore. Close enough to be a quick trip and yet far enough to get clean, pristine water that you can’t get inshore. In season, you may even see whales on the way.
- The Solitary Islands Marine Park is pristine! We have vibrant corals wall to wall fish! We dive in action packed Marine Sanctuary Zones.
- It may be just your boat out there! Unlike the Great Barier Reef there are no crowds.
- The water temperature is the same as the Southern Great Barrier Reef, not too cold, and with our wetsuits, great for all year round.
- Genuine quality PADI courses. We teach in small groups and make sure you have the training and skill to dive anywhere in the world.
What is the Solitary Islands Marine Park?
“Coffs Harbour is the Gateway to the Magnificent Solitary Islands Marine Park. The Islands are magnets for the mixture of fish from the Great Barrier Reef and the Southern Ocean. They all meet here! It truly rivals the Great Barrier Reef for the variety of fish and corals (yes we have them too!) IT BEATS the Great Barrier Reef for the volume of fish that are in the Sanctuary Zones we dive in.
Shore diving is not as spectacular as the Islands so Jetty Dive Centre only offers boat diving at the Solitary Islands for all of our PADI courses. Whilst the cost of a course may not be the cheapest in New South Wales it’s great value for boat dives in some of the best diving Australia has to offer. It’s worth every cent!
South Solitary Island is our main choice of dive sites and has sanctuary zones protecting it. It offers some of the most prolific fish life in New South Wales. Offering a unique blend of tropical fish, (like Nemo!) and subtropical fish life. During the year we have a shifting population of Grey Nurse Sharks along with huge and endangered Black Cod to amaze the first time Discover Scuba diving to the Open Water Divers. Our courses are typically in small groups, whilst there is some time spent conducting skills, the majority of the dive is spent diving amongst the schools of fish.”
Want to know more or book on to a PADI Open Water Diver course? Email or phone us on 02 66 511611.
Check out this cool video from PADI and see why we love SCUBA diving!
PROUDLY A PADI 5 STAR DIVE CENTRE for over 20 Years!
The only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre on the Banana Coast at Coffs Harbour, in fact from Foster to Byron Bay on NSW’s north coast! Hey we’ve been here on the Coffs Coast longer than that! We are proud to be PADI Centre for 25 years and a dive shop for over 35 years!