Scuba Diving Refresher Course
Scuba Diving Refresher Course at the Solitary Islands Marine Park
Refresh your scuba skills and then come diving!
Not been diving for a while?
You want to come scuba diving again, but are not sure about the gear?
A refresher scuba session will get you back in the water, with confidence!
There are a lot of people that learned to dive and haven’t continued, or stopped diving for some reason. The Refresher course is designed for this situation! The refresher course is also very flexible and can be tailored to suit you!
Here are the Possibilities!
- Refresher for the well skilled (but rusty!) Diver
You may have done a lot of diving and you are confident that your skill level is still good but just in case and to help with kitting up gear, you would like some help when you dive?
Then all you need is an Instructor or Divemaster help guide you through the gear assembly and then supervise and help you if you need it during your dives!
We don’t charge any extra for this help, all you will pay for is your dive trip with us to the Solitary Islands!
Yes, that’s right, just go to our daily charter trips page for the current costs
- Refresher for the “lost the skills” Diver
We start you off with a session in the swimming pool. With your Instructor, we go through the basic skills that you learned but forgot!
During this session, which is usually conducted an afternoon before you dive trip, we get you back to being familiar with your gear and practice skills like buoyancy control, regulator recovery and mask clearing.
Then on one of our normal Daily Charter trips, we guide you about for your dives!
Scuba Diving Refresher with pool session:
with 2 Dives at the Solitary Island Marine Park with full gear hire – $355.00
Refresher Course pool session only – $100
Costs based on minimum of 2 people in the pool, private individual (one on one) is an additional charge.
What about the theory?
If you feel that your knowledge of scuba diving is lost, we have the PADI Reactivate course available for you. This is an online theory session designed to refresh all your diving knowledge and add to your training. You can start that right now by going the the PADI Reactivate Online page. Be sure to nominate Jetty Dive Centre as your training centre.
Cost of the PADI Reactivate course is $104 extra payable to PADI: Click here to get started.
All instruction, SCUBA equipment rental, pool session, and double dive at the Solitary Island Marine Park.
Prerequisites for the Refresher Course:
You need to have proof of your certification, regardless of its age!
A dive medical is NOT required prior to a Refresher Programme, however a simple medical declaration needs to be completed, and if your medical condition has changed since your original medical when you were certified we suggest you have one for your own benefit.
If you have any questions about this, please call us!
- The Solitary Islands half day Dive Trips rely on minimum numbers, and have maximum limits too, so prior bookings are essential! Be early in busy times!
- A deposit is required to secure your booking. Deposits are fully refundable if 48 hours notice before the trip change of date or cancellation is given. (If we cancel trip due to weather we can also provide a full refund. Refer to part 29 of our terms and conditions for more details)
- Trips are weather dependent, and may be cancelled if unsuitable sea conditions prevail. This is a decision made by Jetty Dive Centre Staff, we will not go ahead if conditions are unsafe. Rain does not constitute for bad weather – it can often lead to better diving with more abundant fishlife!
- Plan for SeaSickness! Even if you do not usually experience sea-sickness, we recommend taking travel sickness medication as it is better to be safe than sorry. We do not recommend using ginger. We CANNOT provide any medications.
- We have adopted a ‘Reef-Safe Sunscreen Only” policy for our trips. If you will be getting in the water, please ensure you wear only reef-safe sunscreen. For more guidance, and to check your sunscreen, please read our post about our Reef-Safe Sunscreen Policy.