PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver Course
GIVES YOU MORE BOTTOM TIME!
We are diving down to 26 metres, watching 12 Grey Nurse Sharks at Manta Arch, we have taken heaps of photos but just want that perfect shot. But we have to go, our computers are telling us we are low on bottom time. We have plenty of air – our no-deco time is running out! If only we had been trained as a PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver, we could have stayed an extra 10 minutes!
- What is the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Course?
- PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Course Schedule
- When can I Start?
- Course Pricing
- Why complete my PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver Course in Coffs Harbour, with Jetty Dive?
- Myths about Nitrox Enriched Air!
- Booking Conditions
What is the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Course?
The PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver course explains why diving with Enriched Air Nitrox lets you safely extend your no stop time beyond the no decompression limits for air. Diving with Nitrox means more time underwater – but you need to be certified as an Enriched Air Nitrox Diver to get enriched air fills. Plus, it’s important to have the basis of knowledge to understands the risks and benefits of higher oxygen concerntration!
The PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver course is fast becoming our best seller. Why not, you can get more out of a dive using it!
Learn how to and the importance to analyse EANx cylinder contents and plan enriched air dives using Nitrox Dive Computers. Safely increase your no stop time, and know the depth restrictions imposed by higher concerntrations of oxygen.
The PADI Enriched Air Nitrox course can be without real dives (using the new simulator with the course materials) , however we recommend at least 2 Enriched Air Nitrox dives to get the experience.
Jetty Dive’s Enriched Air Nitrox Course includes:
- Your PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Certification, registered in the PADI database, and digital certification card (E-Card)
- E-Learning in your personal PADI library that you can access for life!
- Practical session in store teaching you how to analyse your tank gas.
- Optional addition of two beautiful boat dives at the Solitary Islands Marine Park, aboard our world-class boats.
- Includes Nitrox tank hire if adding on the optional double dive!
PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Course Schedule
- Before you join us: Complete your PADI E-Learning theory. The theoretical aspect isn’t as big as the Open Water, it takes approximately 2-4 hours. You must complete your theory prior to joining us.
- With us: About an hour in the dive centre where we show you how to analyze gas, and the importance of knowing your Maximum Operating Depth.
- Optional Additional Day: Out to the Solitary Islands for your Enriched Air Nitrox Dives! Try out some dives using Nitrox! You start at the Dive Shop at 7:30am, and after your dives return to the Dive Shop to log your dives. Lastly, Your day finishes up at around 1:30pm.
When can I Start?
Now! Courses can start anytime. Book in and we can issue your E-Learning Code. If you prefer learning with a book, we can post it to you for a postage fee (or you can pop in store and pick it up)! Minimum Age is 15.
The PADI Enriched Air Nitrox course can be completed in less than one day with independent study and practical training session in our Dive Centre.
The latest version of the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox course using Dive Computers, not tables, has made it easy to understand and complete the course.
It makes sense – if you are using Nitrox, you are probably using a computer when diving. Why not learn to use a computer for nitrox, and not go through the hassle of dive tables.
With the Dive Simulator, no dives are necessary, however we like you to experience Enriched Air Nitrox with us. If you have your own Nitrox computer, we step through the operation, so you get the understanding on how to set up for Nitrox.
PADI Nitrox – Enriched Air (EANx) Course – $ 165.00 (no dives)
(includes Theory and practical session, Crew Pak & Certification)
Two Nitrox Dives including Enriched Air tanks – $220.00 extra
(includes use of Nitrox clean Tanks and Nitrox clean Regulators)
Book your PADI EAN (Enriched Air Nitrox) Course!
Why complete my PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver Course in Coffs Harbour, with Jetty Dive?
That’s an excellent question. The Solitary Islands marine park has stunning marine life, protected within a sanctuary zone. The dive sites vary from 5m – 28m, which all sit safety within your nitrox Maximum Operating Depth with a 32% nitrox blend. This might make not much sense before you do the course, but essentially our dive sites are the perfect depth for you to get the benefits of using nitrox, and you are forced to maintain a safe depth for use of higher oxygen percentage. Win-win! Plus, there is so much to see! Just check out our Solitary Islands Fish ID Page to take a look at our beautiful marine life.
Myths about Nitrox Enriched Air!
“Nitrox or Enriched Air will give you better Air consumption!”
Answer: If you consume your air quickly, Nitrox will not improve that. Your main benefit from Nitrox, will be that, although your bottom time will be limited on your first dive by your consumption rate – you can now have a shorter surface interval, or longer, deeper second dive. If you want a third dive, it is no problem at all with No Deco Limit’s. So even Air guzzlers can benefit from a Nitrox Course!
“Enriched Air Nitrox dives are safer!”
Answer: Not exactly correct, if you dive well within the no-decompression limits on air you are safe anyway. Sure, Nitrox allows for less absorption of nitrogen, so for the same time underwater, you have less absorbed nitrogen than on air. This can be of benefit if you have predisposing factors which could increase your nitrogen uptake, like age, fitness and exertion (to name a few!)
Want to know more? You will learn all about it in the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Course.
THE PADI ENRICHED AIR NITROX COURSE COUNTS TOWARDS YOUR PADI MASTER SCUBA DIVER RATING.
- You must be enrolled in the PADI Open Water Scuba Diver Course or have an Open Water Scuba Diver certification or equivalent.
- You need to be healthy, and medically fit to scuba dive.
- Minimum age of 12
- Using PADI E-Learning, it is recommended that a Medical Statement is done before you start.
- Once you begin, the Padi E-Learning component is not refundable for any reason – even if you fail the medical requirements.
- Bookings require payment in full.
- No refunds will be given if the customer cancels within 48 hours of the course start date.
- If the student fails to attend part of the course without sufficient prior arrangement (cancellataion or no-show), the cost of providing that part of the course is required to be paid as an extra cost by the student. (refer to part 29 of our Terms and Conditions for more details).
- Ocean dives within the course are weather dependent, and may be cancelled if sea conditions are unsuitable. Furthermore, This decision is made by Jetty Dive Centre Staff, we will not go ahead if conditions are unsafe.
- If you cancel because you decide the weather as not suitable, it is considered a cancellation and incurs same conditions as cancellations above.
- If you are travelling to Coffs Harbour to do your course, be aware that we cannot guaruntee the weather will be suitable to complete the course.
- Plan for Sea-Sickness on the dives! Even if you do not usually experience sea-sickness, we recommend taking travel sickness medication as it is better to be safe than sorry. The boat is in constant movement and rocking when stopped. We do not recommend using ginger. We legally CANNOT provide any medications, sorry!
- We have adopted a ‘Reef-Safe Sunscreen Only” policy for our trips. If you will be getting in the water, please ensure you wear only reef-safe sunscreen. For more guidance, and to check your sunscreen, please read our post about our Reef-Safe Sunscreen Policy.