Learn to Dive the best way with our Special One on One PADI Open Water SCUBA Diver course!
(to suit COVID 19 Social Distancing regulations, offer concludes June 6th)
Wow! Scuba Diving… imagine.. Underwater… Breathing… Another World is waiting for you right here in New South Wales! The PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course is your ticket to the underwater world, and no better place in NSW to learn than, at Jetty Dive. Get your PADI Here!
What will our PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course let you do?
The PADI OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER course will give you the ticket to SCUBA Dive anywhere in the world.
- After you are certified, you will have the skills to Scuba Dive without supervision! You won’t need a Instructor to lead you.
- Our training involves equipment that is used in cooler water, learning Scuba skills with our high level of training will make tropical diving so easy as well!
- Learn to Dive with Tropical and Temperate fishlife! Northern New South Wales has warm water like the southern Great Barrier Reef, but still has some influence of the cooler waters. The Solitary Islands are loaded with Fish from both worlds.
- Our award winning PADI Instructors pride themselves with high quality training. We are a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and teach only the Genuine PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course
When can I Start my PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course?
START TODAY!* It takes 2-3 Days plus the Theory using either PADI E-Learning, PADI Open Water Touch (IPad and Android based theory) or home study using Textbooks….
Yes, contact us for your PADI E-learning code and Log-in and START TODAY! Not always able to go online? You can use the PADI Touch theory (IPad and Android) or the PADI Textbook (both PDF and paper copy) to start the Theory now too!
LEARN TO SCUBA DIVE Now, with Social Distancing, One on One Personal Training!
Using one on one personal training. This is a Limited Special course to comply with Covid 19 social distancing. One on One offer concludes June 6th, but may still be available depending on availability.
How it works!
Step 1. Learn the theory using PADI e-learning at your home.
Step 2. Learn the skills of SCUBA Diving in local confined sea water or pool location. One on One with social distancing a high priority. (One on One offer concludes June 6th, but may still be available depending on availability).
Step 3. Conduct 4 shore entry SCUBA dives with your Instructor. Entry and Exit will be from shore, and equipment will be provided from the Jetty Dive boats to allow for easy entry and exit.
After you have completed the course you will be entitled to a Bonus 2 free dives at the Solitary Islands (after the covid 19 restrictions are lifted and when dive charters are operating again)
Contact the Dive shop on 02 66 511611 and join us!
Other Courses are available including Freediving and Advanced specialty dives. Certified Diver friends are welcome to use Jetty Dive Boats for equipment delivery and dive with you too!
How much is the PADI Open Water SCUBA Diver course?
PADI Open Water SCUBA Diver course…… $595.00 per person..
PADI E-learning or Textbooks, 6 Dives, SCUBA equipment use and Fun are included
(If you have already paid online to PADI for the “PADI E-Learning” deduct $100 from our course price. Please avoid doing this method as cost for E-learning with PADI website payment is over AUD$200! Obtain a code from us and the E-learning is included)
If using our Classroom theory method, you start your course learning all the theory in one day before Day 1 of the Practical. If you choose PADI E-learning, PADI touch or Home-study, you need to complete this before Day 1 of the practical.
Once your PADI E- Learning or theory is complete..
- Day 1 Start your SCUBA Diving! The fun begins in the Pool with all your SCUBA skills and orientation of Scuba Diving. We also show you the gear, what to choose or not choose, and what is right for you. You start at 8.00am at the shop. As there is only you and the Instructor, you will complete the skills in the morning. (One on One offer concludes June 6th, but may still be available depending on availability.)
- Day 2 It’s in the water for Open Water Dive 1 and 2 at the Muttonbird Island. You will do some skills assessments. Muttonbird Island has some great fishlife and perfect depth for these two dives.
- Day 3 It’s in the water again for Open Water Dive 3 and 4 at the Muttonbird Island. You will do some skills assessments, but most of the dives you will be looking at the amazing fishlife of the New South Wales north coast. Muttonbird Island does not boast our best scenery, but has good depth for diver training.
The ability to swim 200 metres or snorkel 300 metres (with mask, snorkel and fins), and stay afloat for 10 minutes is required. You need to be healthy and Medically Fit to Scuba Dive.
Medical Considerations Prior to starting a PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course, you are required to complete a Divers Medical questionaire. If you have any medical conditions that are listed in the Medical Statement
(PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE DIVE MEDICAL THAT WE REQUIRE, THE MEDICAL FORM WE REQUIRE TO BE USED BY YOUR DOCTOR CAN BE FOUND IN THE LINK BELOW) , you are required to complete an approved Scuba Diving Medical Certificate (AS 4005.1) with a Medical Physician.
These medicals are available from a wide number of selected practitioners. Locally in Coffs Harbour we can assist with locating a Dive Medical Doctor
Booking Conditions… the fine print!
- Bookings require a $100.00 deposit per student.
- When using PADI E-Learning, it is recommended that a Medical Statement is done before you start as the Padi E-Learning component is not refundable if you fail the medical requirements.
- No refunds will be given if the customer cancels within 48 hours of the course start date.
- If the student fails to attend part of the course without sufficient prior arrangement, the cost of providing that part of the course is required to be paid as an extra cost by the student. (refer to part 29 of our Terms and Conditions for more details)
Why dive at Coffs Harbour?
- The Solitary Islands Marine Park is where the Tropical Fish from the Great Barrier Reef meet the huge schools of fish from Temperate waters. You can see Nemo and Dory along with the friendly Grey Nurse sharks, rare Black Cod and Turtles, there is so much to see.
- The Solitary Islands dive-sites are offshore! Close enough to be a quick trip and yet far enough to get clean, pristine water which you can’t get inshore. You may even see Whales in season, on the way!
- The Solitary Islands Marine Park is Pristine! We have vibrant corals and over the top, wall to wall Fish! We dive in Marine Sanctuary Zones that are just action packed.
- It may be just your boat out there! There is no crowds, like the larger boats at the Great Barrier Reef. It could be just you or your small group learning to dive!
- The water temperature is the same as the southern Great Barrier Reef, not to cold, and with our wetsuits, great for all year round.
- Genuine quality PADI courses. We teach in small groups and make sure you have the training and skill to dive anywhere in the world.
What is the Solitary Islands Marine Park?
Want to know more or Book on to a PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course.?? Click here and Email Us! or Phone us 0n 02 66 511611