The Cressi Scorpion BCD is a unisex lightweight, rear-inflation BCD, which is designed for maximum comfort and wearability.
The Scorpion’s air cell is isolated to the back of the BCD, making it a rear-inflation BCD. This is a great feature to have as it isolates the air to the back, meaning you have more mobility towards the front. It can also help maintain proper posture and buoyancy underwater, as there is no possibility for air to get “stuck” towards the front, influencing your in water positioning. The air cell also features a compression strap for quick deflation and volume control. It secures with a belt tension system, and features large accessory pockets that secure with a zipper. The configuration of the air cell, and rigidity of the padding on the BCD helps maintain stability of the tank on the jacket.
This BCD features Cressi’s Flat-Lock-Aid integrated weight system, which keeps the weight securely in place, but allows an easy release if necessary.
Check out Cressi’s video about the Scorpion for a tour of this BCD! Find it here.
– Development of rear-mounted air cell
– Air cell material: 420 denier nylon
– Integrated Cressi Flat-Lock-Aid Weight System on a back vertical position
– 3 pressure relief valves: one on the upper part of the hose, one reel-operated
valve on the right-hand side of the shoulder and a third on the lower right-hand side of the air cell
– Two 50 mm aluminium D-rings on the shoulder straps
– Two 25 mm aluminium D-rings on the pockets
– Ultralight semi-rigid harness
– Next generation anatomical inflator with hose retainer
– 40 mm quick-release buckled shoulder straps
– Side adjustable lumbar flaps