Snorkel Instructor Course
Work in Marine Education? – this is YOUR Occupational Snorkel Instructor Rating… The Snorkel Instructor Course – “SISOSNK403A Instructing Snorkelling Skills” is the qualification you require to allow you to conduct occupational Snorkel Instruction and supervision..
This is the new PADI Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Nationally Recognised training course.
The Instruct Snorkelling Skills course has been designed to train qualifying individuals to instruct snorkelling skills.
Candidates who successfully meet all Instruct Snorkelling Skills course competency requirements will receive a statement of attainment in the unit of competency SISOSNK403A Instruct snorkelling skills, issued by PADI Asia Pacific Registered Training Organisation (RTO #6729).
In the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector, AQF qualifications are accredited either through national Training Package processes endorsed by the National Quality Council or accredited by state and territory accrediting authorities
Snorkel Instructor Course content:
- Complete Knowledge Development and a Knowledge Assessment. The course has a theory session and self study component from materials in a PDF format. The theory lecture session covers diving Physics and Physiology equivalent to PADI Divemaster level.
- Complete a snorkelling skills workshop and assessment. The Pool session includes swim assessments and teaches snorkel skills. A timed 400 mtr swim, 15 minute tread water, 800 mtr Snorkel and 100 mtr tied Snokeller tow are required. A skills training circuit and then assessment of those skills is also included.
- Complete a Snorkeller rescue assessment. The course involves Open water training and assessment of rescue skills.
- Complete practical application workshops and assessments. Practical Open Water training sessions are assessed including snorkelling leadership and training of snorkelling skills.
The following Snorkelling equipment required for the RTO Instructor and all course participants:
- Buoyancy Control Device.
- Snorkel knife or tool.
- Exposure protection (as appropriate).
When can I Start?
Courses are held on a regular basis and are usually tailored to the requirements of the participants. Contact us for assistance.Minimum and maximum number of students are required.
Bookings are Essential.
Duration:1 to 2 Days depending on number of students in course, usually only over more days with smaller sessions to suit the participants.
Snorkel Instructor Course Pricing:
The Snorkel Instructor course cost is $595.
It is priced according to required components needed and minimum number of people participating.
Cost for an individual participant “one on one” with Instructor is $695.
Bookings are essential as this is a specific course that requires scheduling outside our normal activities.
Additional training and dives are extra. All RTO pre-requisite course costs are extra.
The delivery of this course is under a partnership with PADI Asia Pacific as the RTO (RTO ID#6729). The Course is exempt of GST
In order to complete the Course, all prerequisite courses must be completed in accordance with the ASQA Nationally Recognised training course that is associated with that level which includes:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be certified as a PADI Skin Diver or hold qualifying certification. A qualifying certification would include a statement of attainment in SISOSNK201A Demonstrate snorkelling activities or a snorkelling or skin diver certification from a regionally recognised organisation. Having completed a PADI Open Water Diver course would also meet this requirement.
- Hold a statement of attainment in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid within 36 months. If the qualification is over 12 months old, a current HLTAID001 Provide CPR is also required.
- Hold a statement of attainment in 22298VIC Course in Basic Oxygen Administration within 12 months.
- Be medically evaluated and cleared for skin diving by a physician within 12 months.
Not meet all the prerequisites for this programme? No Problem! You can complete any additional components required as a package with this course – contact us for details.
Upon completion you will receive a Statement of Attainment for “SISOSNK403A Instructing Snorkelling Skills”, including any additional units of competency you successfully complete. A Nationally recognized training occupational Snorkel Instructor course.