The Shearwater Teric Dive Computer is an advanced dive computer that doubles as an attractive timepiece. You can change the watch faces and strap colours to suit your style, the computer also has air integration for up to two gases, freediving, technical diving and recreational diving modes, OC and CC, 3D compass, and all of the features of a standard watch you need such as alarms and timers. This dive computer comes in a hard travel case so you can take it wherever you go, and keep it safe.
Shearwater Teric Dive Computer Features
- Supports up to 2 wireless air transmitters (not included) to display gas pressure without the need for hoses.
- Full technical dive computer designed with recreational divers in mind.
- Open-circuit and closed circuit air, nitrox, and trimex gas functionality.
- Three-axis tild-compensated digital compass.
- Recreational, gauge, OC Tech, CC/BO modes with up to 5 air, nitrox, or trimix gases.
- Freediving mode with configurable sampling/loggin rates and ascent/descent indications suitable for freediving.
- Intuitive & configurable buttons.
- Alarms that can be set to silent, vibrate, or audible.
- Rechargable battery & is included with a wireless charger stand. Expected battery life of the inbuilt battery is 5 years, and battery can be replaced at Shearwater Authorised Service Centres.
- Full colour, 35mm AMOLED display with adjustable brightness.
- Teric has Bluetooth Smart Ready™ to connect to your devices with the Shearwater Cloud Dive Log Manager. You can also download firmware updates to the Teric from this app.
- During a decompression dive, the Teric provides complete information displays of all required stop times. The Teric can provide time-to-surface based on “look ahead” at planned gas switches. Multiple gas definition presets are supported with any combination of oxygen, nitrogen and helium. The Teric will NOT “lockout” after a missed stop or ascent rate violation.
- Capable of calculating “gas time remaining” one assigned tank.
Transmitter Options for the Shearwater Teric Dive Computer
The Shearwater Teric base price does not include a tank pressure transmitter. Shearwater Research tells us that as long as the transmitter is marked with “FCC ID MH8A” on the body then the transmitter, regardless of the brand, will also work with their Teric, Perdix AI and NERD 2 model air integrated dive computers. The first stage regulator tank-pressure wireless transmitter supplied by Shearwater Research is actually manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems. Pelagic has been supplying those same OEM transmitters to various dive computer manufacturers such as Aeris, Aqualung, Hollis, and Oceanic for many years.
The Teric is capable of wirelessly connecting to either one or two optional transmitters giving the diver ability to monitor up to two tank pressures and allowing for sidemount diving. It’s also capable of calculating the Gas Time Remaining (GTR) on one assigned tank. Air integration is optional for all modes, from OC Rec to CC/BO. The tank pressure(s), in PSI or BAR, and GTR can be displayed to the customisable slots on the main display screen or accessed through the underlying information screens.
What’s in the Box:
Included with every Shearwater Research Teric are black silicone 22 mm wrist strap with buckle plus extender (for drysuits), zippered travel case, wireless charging stand and cable (USB-A), USB Bluetooth adapter, printed Quick Start Guide with instructions for downloading the full manual and software from the Shearwater Research. Shearwater supplies the Teric with a zippered ‘travel’ case.
Shearwater Teric Dive Computer Colour Options:
The Shearwater Teric dive computer comes standard with a Black bezel with a black silicone wrist band, a Blue bezel with a black silicone wrist band, or a Silver bezel with a black silicone wrist band. Available Shearwater colour options include user changeable dual colour wrist bands in Blue, Green, Pink, White, or Yellow; along with additional charging stands. See Shearwater Research Teric Strap Kit. And now there are an additional ten (10) new premium straps available!
Technical Open-Circuit Features
- Air/Nitrox/Trimix capable
- 5 open-circuit gas switch presets
- Bühlmann ZHL-16C with Gradient Factors
- %CNS oxygen exposure tracking
- Ascent rate monitor
- Date, time and temp display
- Easy to read 35 mm (1.39 in) full colour 400 x 400 AMOLED screen
- Easy to use adaptive menus
- Logbook of last 500 hours of diving
- Operational to at least 200 m (660 ft)
- Battery charge level and warning
- Metric and Imperial
- Wear on right or left wrist
- Battery life typically 30+ hours of diving with AI mode enabled
- Constant PPO2 Set Point
- Automatic Set Point Switching
- 5 additional CCR Diluent gas presets
- 2 button push OC bailout
- Does NOT support external PO2 monitoring (See Petrel2-EXT)
- Richly featured gauge-mode and freediving mode
- Three-axis tilt-compensated digital compass
- Scratch resistant Sapphire Crystal face
- Bluetooth Smart wireless upload/download
- Wireless Tank Pressure (option transmitter required)
- User upgradable firmware
- Wireless rechargeable battery (factory replaceable)
- Dive Log Software
- Two Year Limited Warranty
Download/read the Shearwater Teric Brochure (PDF).
Recreational Open-Circuit Features
Key features of the Recreational Open-Circuit mode (aka Recreational Nitrox mode) include a simpler menu structure, less cluttered display with a larger font and configurable bottom row, optional safety stops, and a no-decompression limit dive planner. The simplified settings allow for three breathing gas mixtures (Air or Nitrox) and places a greater emphasis on the maximum operating depth (MOD) and no decompression time limit (NDL).
The display prominently warns the diver if their depth is near, at or exceeds the MOD of the selected breathing gas. Optional safety stops are user configurable to be 3, 4, 5 mins or adaptable. When using the Adapt setting, a 3 minute safety stop will be used, unless the dive exceeds 30 metres (100 ft)or the NDL falls below 5 minutes, in which case a 5 minute safety stop is used. If the diver exceeds the NDL and requires stops, the display turns red and warns “DECO STOP” with the mandatory depth and stop times.
During a decompression dive, the Teric provides complete information displays of all required stop times. The Teric can provide time-to-surface based on “look ahead” at planned gas switches. Multiple gas definition presets are supported with any combination of oxygen, nitrogen and helium. The Teric will NOT “lockout” after a missed stop or ascent rate violation.
Other than the obvious difference in size, the Teric includes several other features not found found on the Perdix:
Features not found on the Shearwater Perdix 2 Dive Computer:
- AMOLED display — vivid, bright colours reminiscent of the Predator.
- Haptic (vibration) and audible alarms.
- Scratch resistant Sapphire Crystal screen — along with stainless steel bezel protected with a vapor deposition process that uses plasma to embed carbon particles into the bezel for an elegant and durable finish.
- Four button situational adaptable logic menus — also configure one of the 4 buttons to give you one press access to certain dive or watch tools like compass, stopwatch, deco planner, log tagging, etc.
- Blue, Green, Pink, White, Yellow — dual colour wrist bands are options and standard 22 mm watch strap size makes many 3rd party options available.
- Wireless Charging of the battery — users have no need to open the watch reducing chances of flooding. This also eliminates the risk of damage from a leaking depleted battery.
- Timepiece mode — the Teric can be comfortably worn your wrist as a stylish daily time piece.
- Free Diving mode — ascent and descent indicators suitable for free diving along with configurable logging intervals as short as 1 second.
- Home screen options – Instead of a mini compass on the home screen you can have an North Arrow moving around the outer edge of the watch face. You can also customize tissue graphs to appear on the outer edges of the home screen during the dive.
As of 2018, recent decompression research has called in to question the practice of ‘deep stops’ and Shearwater Research does not recommend the use of the VPM algorithm. The Teric only supports the proven Bühlmann ZHL-16c algorithm with configurable Gradient Factors and does not offer support for the alternative VPM algorithm. The Petrel and Perdix models currently continue to support VPM as an extra cost optional alternative.
This product has a limited warranty of two (2) years.