Zeagle Recon Fins
The Zeagle RECON Fins are a revolutionary technical fin that’s a total rethink of basic fin geometry, angles, surfaces and thicknesses. Zeagle combined an uncomplicated design with the latest aquadynamic technology. It’s developed and tested for optimal responsiveness, and provides stability for technical dives and alternative kicking styles, like frog kick and helicopter turns.
Aerodynamic surfaces, four strategic strakes on the top and underside, and thick side ribs, all combine to generate optimal thrust and performance across the entire fin.
Zeagle has produced a revolutionary fin design for ultimate thrust and control.
Winner of the 2018 Tester’s Choice Award.
These high performance fins are constructed from premium natural rubber giving maximum durability. The Recon Fins are compression molded for precise stiffness, varying rigidity and suppleness for optimal performance across the entire fin.
A 25-degree angle between the foot pocket and blade gives greater thrust during flutter kick, and internal foot pocket rails transfer energy from foot to fin for more efficient strokes.
The buckle design has been reworked with a simple and robust system using a single screw and self-locking nut that allows strap length adjustments of up to 2″ (5 cm) to accommodate a variety of wetsuit and drysuit boots.
Features of the Zeagle Recon Fins:
- Advanced performance features integrated with an uncomplicated design for optimal thrust and response.
- Maximum thrust in flutter, and stability in alternative kick strokes with the latest aerodynamic technology.
- Tough and durable natural rubber defies the elements.
- Adjustable, quick fastening stainless steel buckle system.
- Generous foot pockets fit all sizes of wetsuit and drysuit boots.
- 25 degree angle between blade and foot pocket tried and tested to optimize thrust.
- Two thick side rails provide snapback and flex where it’s needed.
- Integrated foot pocket rails efficient energy transfer from foot to fin for responsiveness.
- Built from compression molded rubber for rigidity and suppleness where it’s needed.
- Negatively Buoyant to assist in the divers profile whilst diving , especially with Drysuit diving.
Check out this Youtube Video on the Reco Fins by Zeagle
And also look at this review from SCUBALAB below:
For more lightweight travel fins, check out the Oceanic Accel Fins