The Apeks MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set is a super tough, rugged, high performance, go anywhere sidemount regulator configuration designed to meet the rigours of cold water and extreme sidemount diving. The MTX-R is highly reliable and also very easy to service out in the field which make it an ideal choice for the expedition and exploration diver.
It comes complete with two MTX-R first stages with 5 port swivel turrets, two MTX-R second stages, two tek SPG’s on 18cm short hoses, a lightweight long-hose, a lightweight short hose, a lightweight wing inflator hose, a lightweight suit inflation hose, bungee necklace, 90o fixed elbow and finally a bolt snap. To get more techincal:
- 2 ea. DPT DIN 1st stages with 5 port swivel turrets.
- 2 ea. MTX-R second stages.
- 210cm double swivel hose.
- 65cm double swivel hose
- 2 ea. 25cm length MP inflation hoses (one for buoyancy system, one for drysuit)
- 2 ea. TEK pressure gauges with 18cm hoses
- 1 ea. 90° elbow fitting
- 1 ea. bungee necklace
- 1 ea. bungee clip
- 1 ea. stainless steel bolt snap
- 2 sets of short exhaust ports
- Regulator bag
- Setup illustration, CD manual and quick start guide
- Over balanced for superior performance.
- Compact environmentally sealed diaphragm system completely eliminating the maintenance issues associated with silicone, oil or grease filling.
- Recommended for frequent use in cold or contaminated water.
- Environmental over-moulded endcap & diaphragm that helps prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage.
- Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- 5 x 3/8” UNF medium pressure ports & 2 x 7/16” UNF high pressure ports.
- The 5th 3/8” UNF medium pressure port includes a protective bumper when not in use.
- Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.
- Angled HP ports for optimal hose routing and fitting transmitters.
- Forged rotating turret with medium pressure ports in a parallel direction for improved hose orientation.
- Tested for Octopus use – EN250A to 60 meters cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible
- Simple to use with no dive controls, pre-settable cracking effort or venturi control by an Apeks approved qualified technician.
- High performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve.
- Large diver friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
- Front cover with over-moulded elastomer bumpers incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving durability of the demand valve.
- Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the demand valve from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
- Reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply.
- Hard wearing, satin chrome.
- All gas contact moulded parts are produced using an active protection additive that kills MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very effective against viruses, mold, yeast and algae.
- Large heat exchanger fitted to help reduce second stage freezing.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible
Apeks MTX-R Sidemount Regulator Set Specifications:
|Type of first stage||Over-balanced diaphragm design, environmentally sealed|
|Body Type||Forged first stage body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance.|
|Number of HP ports||2 (7/16″ UNF) per first stage|
|Number of MP ports||5 (3/8″ UNF) per first stage|
|Environmental Dry Kit||Standard|
|First stage exterior||Satin chrome|
|Orientation||Convertible LH or RH|
|Type of second stage||Pneumatically balanced|
|Opening Effort Control Knob||No|
|Integrated Venturi Lever||No|
|Exhaust tee||Diver Changeable – comes with 2 sets|
|Heat Exchanger for freezing resistance||Yes|
|Hose type||Rubber breathing hoses and braided flexi inflator hoses|
|Nitrox compatible||Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box / Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.|
|Gauge face||Tempered glass|
|Over-pressure relief on gauge back||Yes|
Proudly family owned, Mike and Deb have run Jetty Dive Centre since 1996. Our team has developed extensive knowledge in the products we stock, as we’re out diving with them! If you have any questions or would like a personal recommendation, feel free to contact us anytime. We’d be happy to help you out any way we can!