The Apeks Regulator XTX50-XTX40 set is a great performance regulator at a fantastic price.
The XTX50 is incredibly similar to it’s big brother, the XTX200. The second stage on both regulators is very comparable, with minor cosmetic differences between the two. It also features left/right interchangability for the regs, and the choice of exhaust tees.
Available in either DIN or Yoke configurations, and compatible to EAN 40 right out of the box. The over-balancing feature of the Apeks XTX50 first stage allows the medium pressure air in the hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient pressure resulting in superior performance.
The Apeks XTX50 regulator’s pneumatically balanced second stage has left/right reversibility and a Diver Changeable Exhaust (DCE) system. This system gives the diver the ability to change from a large exhaust tee to a smaller exhaust tee. The large tee provides the best exhaust bubble dispersion; the smaller tee is lighter weight and compact. Both the Apeks XTX50 exhaust tees are included with the regulator.
The Apeks Regulator XTX50-XTX40 Set is suitable for cold-water use.
Apeks XTX 50 First Stage features.
- Apeks Swivel turret body
- 4 medium pressure ports, 4 x 3/8″ UNF
- 2 high pressure ports, 2 x 7/16″ UNF
- Apeks XTX 50 Environmentally dry sealed system
- Polished chrome finish on the Apeks XTX50 body.
- The Apeks XTX50 is Balanced for superior performance.
- Optional 5th port is available for sidemount or twin cylinder set ups.
The Apeks XTX50 Second Stage
- with the Pneumatically balanced second stage, is like the bigger brother XTX200.
- The Apeks XTX50 has Adjustable cracking control
- Integrated venturi control on the Apeks XTX50
- Apeks Pneumatically balanced valve design
- Micro Adjuster
- The Apeks XTX50 and XTX40 octopus are suitable for cold water use
- Bright Chrome Finish on parts of the XTX 50
- Right or Left hand hose configuration
- Two shot plastic front cover for hard wearing Apeks XTX use
- Changeable Exhaust Tees (DCE, Diver Changeable Exhaust) (Both sets supplied)
The Apeks XTX40 octopus is of similar standard XTX second stage to the Apeks XTX 50, only the adjustable cracking control is not a feature.
The XTX 200 regulator with XTX50 octopus is also available, an identical model second stage with the “FSR style” first stage
Looking for a more premium regulator set? Check out the Apeks MTX-RC regulator set.
Proudly family owned, Mike and Deb have run Jetty Dive Centre since 1996. Our team has developed extensive knowledge in the products we stock, as we’re out diving with them! If you have any questions or would like a personal recommendation, feel free to contact us anytime. We’d be happy to help you out any way we can!
Check out our Dive Centre Youtube clip to see how good the diving is at the Solitary Islands Marine Park!