Zeagle Covert XT BCD
The Zeagle Covert XT BCD is a BCD designed for Travel with balance and comfort, but is great as a all round BCD
Every feature for every getaway, the Zeagle Covert XT is not just a travel BCD.
The Covert XT was Winner of the 2018 Tester’s Choice Award.
Functionality, convenience and comfort are blended into the Covert XT―Zeagle’s new feature-heavy BCD that provides travel divers with a more rugged and versatile system. Covert XT boasts a new MOLLE system with accessory attachment points, a redesigned front vest, 1000 Denier Nylon, durable elastic material at the bladder to prevent excess bulk, padded shoulders, large weight pockets, and a redesigned weight release system that’s lightweight and packable at 2.5kg (5lbs) with inflator.
When you first try on this BCD you know it will be comfortable and have superior strength over other lightweight travel BCDs.
Features of the Zeagle Covert XT BCD
- The MOLLE system for quick and easy attachment of gear and accessories, and back webbing.
- Covert XT model has larger weight pockets and redesigned weight release system.
- This Covert model has an added tank positioning strap.
- The Tank Band rubber row webbing helping secure tank with increased webbing width.
- New durable elastic material on the bladder to prevent excess bulk.
- Additional padding using Open Cell foam on shoulder and lumbar.
- New accessory trim pockets.
- Knife mounting points on both sides.
- 1000 Denier Nylon.
- 4 plastic D-rings.
- The Covert XT aircell has a.s for attaching additional equipment, using the MOLLE system.
- Dry Weight on the Covert XT BCD is a fantastic 2.5 kgs (5 lbs) which can double for a Travel BCD.
The Scubadiving magazine Testers Video report quotes:
Zeagle Covert XT
When we tried the original Covert, we joked that its fit reminded us of a corset. With an overhaul of the harness, air cell and integrated weights, it’s less like an undergarment and more like a tactical vest. Despite minimal padding, it received top scores for comfort and stability. Diver comments like “snug and comfortable” and “precise attitude control.” The Covert XT has picked up a few ounces, but it’s still under 6 pounds in medium. All the changes have made it better, with more-rugged materials (especially in the air-cell cover). More lift and more options for storage, including web loops to secure accessory pockets.