Mike Ball Coral Sea-Barrier Reef 5 night Live-aboard Dive Trip – November 2021
October 28th to November 2nd, 2021- Cancelled! Sorry!! Border Closures are stopping this trip.
5 Nights / 18 Dives. Experience adventure diving in the Coral Sea with superb Great Barrier Reef marine biodiversity.
Mike Ball 5 Day Coral Sea and Barrier Reef Expedition Highlights
5 Night Coral Sea Ribbon Reefs featuring:
- Coral Sea: The azure and fathomless water of the Coral Sea is the playground for sharks and big fish action in exceptional visibility. Huge soft coral trees and sea fans will impress.
- Ribbon Reefs: The potato cod grouper at the Cod Hole are a highlight, however it is the rich biodiversity of fish species and coral that make this section of the Great Barrier Reef so incredible.
The most reliable Coral Sea access is September to January. Spoilsport’s favourite dive locations will be selected should weather force an itinerary change.
Sample itinerary, subject to change based on conditions.
- Check in at our office (3 Abbott St, Cairns) between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm.
- From 4:30 pm: Make your own way to Hemingway’s Brewery Cairns Wharf (200m from MBDE office) to meet your fellow passengers. Please note that dinner is not provided on the first evening so you may wish to eat before boarding.
- 5:50 pm: Our crew will lead you from Hemingway’s Brewery Cairns Wharf to board Spoilsport. Enjoy a glass of champagne and light snacks while your Trip Director provides a full briefing.
- 6:00 pm: Spoilsport departs Cairns.
- Time to organise any rental equipment and put your dive gear together on the dive deck.
- 6:30 am: Wake up call, light breakfast available in dining room
- 7:00 am: Full cooked Breakfast
- 8:00 am: Dive brief
- 9:00 am: Diving commences
- 10:30 am: Dive brief & diving. “Open decks” accommodate 1-2 dives either am or pm
- 2:00 pm: Lunch
- 3:30 pm: Dive brief & diving
- 4:30 pm: Afternoon Tea
- 6:30 pm: Night dive brief & dive
- 8:00 pm: Dinner
Saturday: (4 dives + night dive)
Sunday: (3 dives + night dive)
- As per above.
Monday: (4 dives)
- As per above, however all diving is finished by 5pm.
- As the sun sets we pour the champagne, lay out the nibbles and get ready for an Aussie BBQ party night. Don’t forget to wear your loudest tropical shirt or dress and sing along to music played by our talented crew.
- Overnight cruise to Cairns
- 7:00 am: Light breakfast
- 8:00 am: Disembark and courtesy transfer to Cairns inner city hotels, the airport or our office where we can store your luggage until 5pm if you have a later flight.
- We recommend that you allow 24 hours between your last dive and your onward flight (all diving is finished by 5pm Monday).
- Accommodation in twin/double cabins
- Delicious meals & snacks, wine and soft drink are included with the evening meal
- Tanks, air fills and weight belt
- Daily cabin service
- Reef ecology programme
- Dive computer workshop
- Transfer to the airport or Cairns hotel after your expedition
Please note that the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority requires us to collect an Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 per day spent on the Great Barrier Reef. This amount will be added to your bar bill at the end of your expedition.
Trip cost starts at $2321 for budget room.
Cabin Prices are:
Premium – queen or double bed, private bathroom, ocean views.
Club – twin bunk beds, private bathroom, no ocean view.
Budget – twin bunk beds, share bathroom, no ocean view.