The Cressi F1 Mask, Alpha Snorkel, and Thor EBS Fins Set is an excellent set for the Avid Divers and snorkellers!
Cressi Thor EBS Fins
The Cressi Thor EBS Fins have a brand new design! They are extremely effective, and very easy to use, giving you great power.
They’re designed with an arched profile, and two central ribs which help create “Significant Flow Convection”, known as a “spoon effect” to help stabilise the fin and boost propulsion. They also feature two lateral holes, which help to discharge the negative forces typically associated with this area, and further increase stability.
The blades of the fin are moulded from two different materials for improved reactivity in the water. The whole fin is designed specifically to ensure that you’re making the most of every kick, with a reinforced foot pocket.
The Thor fins feature the EBS Elastic Strap System. This is a comfortable, practical, and manageable strap that allows the user to pull their fin on even when wearing thick gloves. This is done with a large slot for your hand to grab onto. The elastic of this strap is highly flexible, keeping the fin fit perfectly to the foot, even as pressure may compress your neoprene boot.
These fins are perfect for scuba diving, whether you are an experienced diver or a novice.
Cressi F1 Mask
The Cressi F1 Mask is a frameless mask, loved by many divers for their low-profile and ability to fold flat for easy carrying, even in a BC pocket. Cressi’s frameless design bonds a high-grade silicone skirt directly to a single lens for the ultimate in simplicity.
The low-internal volume allows for effortless clearing and quick-adjust strap buckles are moulded directly into the skirt for a flexible fit and reduced drag. It also represents an unbeatable value, with a cost roughly half that of similar masks.
We have a huge range of Masks, and have found this mask does fit a lot of faces! It’s single lens and soft silicone works well on narrow faces as well as broad ones. Some people struggle to have a good fit with twin lens masks as the centre piece between the glass hits them on the forehead area. With this single lens, you’ll find there’s no pressure on the bridge of the nose or forehead.
The Fameless and Single Lens design of the Cressi F1 mask has some great features, but it does have a some need for special care. The Frameless feature means there is not plastic or metal frame holding the glass in place against the Silicone skirt. The Strength of this Mask is in the Glass. Therefore we feel you need to have a bit more care for this mask, as you could easily damage it if you don’t.
The Cressi F1 Mask comes in a Plastic case for packing, and we recommend that you use that case to keep it out of harms way. Someone accidentally sitting on it could easily break it compared to one with a frame. Take care when it is not on your Face!
Cressi Alpha Ultra Dry Snorkel.
The Cressi Alpha Ultra Dry Snorkel allows users to take every breath with confidence and focus on the reef below.
- The Cressi Alpha Ultra Dry snorkel features a float mechanism which closes instantly to prevent water from entering the snorkel whether accidentally or purposely submerged. this means no more water in your mouth if a wave crashes over you.
- The Flexible lower bore reduces jaw fatigue. The mouthpiece fits comfortably in your mouth and not pulling to one side.
- The soft Silicone corrugated hose allows the Mouthpiece to drop away when not in use–great for scuba divers.
- The Alpha snorkel has a High-quality silicone mouthpiece. It is comfortable and durable.
- The Uniquely Angled mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue as it fits squarely into your mouth without pulling on the Snorkel or mask strap.
- It has a Lower purge valve. That allows water to be quickly expelled from the snorkel if you take the snorkel out of your mouth.
- An excellent feature! It has a Streamlined design reduces drag while swimming. Unlike other Dry-top snorkels that are very bulky and create drag whilst underwater.
- Adjustable clip to secure to the mask strap. The clip can easily be split to remove the snorkel from the mask for securing to any mask in it’s case.
JETTY DIVE Report on the Alpha Ultra Dry snorkel:
This snorkel has great features. The low profile mouthpiece and purge valve has an advantage of less water resistance due to it’s size. The Dry Valve is also a very low profile and again, an advantage as it will have less drag in the water when Scuba Diving.
OPTIONAL Add On – Cressi Ultra Boots
As the Prolight fins must be worn with boots, if you do not have any the Cressi Ultra Boots are a great option!
The Cressi Ultra Dive Boot is a boot with 5mm thickness and no zips.
These 5mm boots are great for scuba year round. The benefits of not having a zipper is that there is no risk of faults with the zip – which is the main issue encountered with a dive boot. The boots feature a non-slip sole, so they can benefit you walking on rocks or wet boats by giving you good grip. Wear these boots with open heeled fins to keep your feet warm!
Available in sizes 5 – 12, and in general are men’s sizing so women should size down around 2 sizes.