The Cressi MC9-XS Compact Pro Regulator is a top performing reg at a super affordable price. It features a smaller Second Stage and lightweight First Stage which is perfect for travel. It even comes packed in its own reg case!
Cressi 1st STAGE MC9 SC:
The 1st stage is a overcompensation diaphragm type, ultra modern, but at the same time easy to manage, very reliable and durable. The thickness of the walls has been optimized to greatly reduce its weight, totaling at only 380 g. It features a semi-flexible elastomer sheath that protects the 1st stage from erosion, wear and tear.
It has a Polyurethane valve, very mechanically resistant, both to oils and to hyperoxic mixtures. The mechanism’s hyper-compensation guarantees a light increase in the intermediate pressure as the pressure in the tank decreases. Therefore the regulator delivers the maximum level of performance in the final phases of the dive, which are undoubtedly the most critical.
Certified EN250/2014 FOR COLD WATER. This means the standard isolation and anti-freeze SC (Sealed Chamber) kit completely isolates the diaphragm and the spring from contact with the water, making it ideal for use in extremely low temperatures and dirty waters. It has 2 HP and 4 LP ports.
Cressi 2nd STAGE XS COMPACT PRO:
New ultra simplified monocoque second stage in ABS + elastomer + STAINLESS STEEL, quite small (6 cm in diameter), very light (153 g) and robust, designed and built to have a minimum number of components.
It is a smart buy due to its combination of performance, reliability, price and cost of maintenance. It is perfect for uses requiring maximum reliability and as a travel regulator, given its lightness.
In this Pro version, the body of the integrated 2nd stage incorporates particles to improve thermal conductivity and to prevent freezing in cold environments. Features CE Standardization for use in cold water (>4º) EN250/2000.
Additionally it features a practically integrated purge button, between 80-400% larger than that of any other regulator on the market to facilitate purging, especially for beginning divers. It has cap system assembly by a 30º bayonet turn, assuring a very safe and simple assembly-disassembly, even while cleaning out sand on the beach, without the need of tools. Lastly, you’ll notice reduced ageing due to usage thanks to the casing finish, achieved by applying a new technology in the mold that creates a variegated look on a micro-texture of rounded profiles.
Cressi MC9-XS Compact Pro Regulator Technical Features
1st STAGE MC9 SC:
- It has 2 High pressure ports (HP) and 2 Low pressure ports (LP) .
- Compensation/system: overcompensation diaphragm Flanged filter without circlip.
- The Air flow is 3000 l/min. This measurement is taken at a LP port with the second stage connected and 150 bar pressure in the tank.
- Intermediate pressure 9-10 bar Intermediate pressure drop (150 bar) is low at 0.5-1 bar.
- Weight: Int. 615 g / DIN 480 g.
TECHNICAL FEATURES 2ND STAGE
- Downstream system.
- Adjustable Venturi effect.
- Patented anti-friction lever.
- Thermo-conductive technopolymer body.
- Big purge button.
- Anti-scratch surface.
- Bayonet-type cap holder with security lock.
- Stainless steel cover.
- Removable exhaust tee without tools.
- Weight without hose: 4.9 oz / 140 g.
- Average Cracking effort: 2.41 inwc / 6 mbar.
- Average breathing effort is good at 1.1 Joules/litre.
- Comes complete with RUBBER HOSE
- Extremely light and flexible
- Weight: 5.4 oz / 153 g
- CERTIFICATION EN250/2014
Take a look at the Cressi MC9-XS Compact Pro Regulator’s instruction manual.